|The Institute for Religious Freedom (IRF)
– is a human rights non-government organization, the main goal of which is the assistance in the realization of freedom of conscience, religion, beliefs and other related human rights, promotion of the protection of morality in society and also the collection, analysis and dissemination of information on the status of the law and religious life in Ukraine and foreign countries.
IRF was established in 2001 in Kyiv (Ukraine) by Oleksandr Zaiets, who is the Head of the Board of the Institute.
The Institute for Religious Freedom has non-profit status and does not depend on any political parties, movements or their Boards. IRF provides assistance in the activities and cooperation with such interdenominational institutions:
The main directions of activity:
- All-Ukrainian Council of Churches & Religious Organizations
- Council of Representatives of Christian Churches of Ukraine
- Council of the Evangelical Protestant Churches of Ukraine
- participation of the IRF in the advisory councils under the authorities of Ukraine:
- Commission on ensuring the rights of religious organizations at the Cabinet of Ministers of Ukraine
- Expert Council at the Ministry of Finance of Ukraine
- Public Council of the Committee on Taxation and Customs Policy of the Verkhovna Rada of Ukraine
- Public Council of the State Committee for Television and Radio Broadcasting of Ukraine
- Public Council of the Ministry of Education and Science of Ukraine on Matters of Cooperation with Churches and Religious Organizations
- Public Council of the Ministry of Health of Ukraine on Matters of Cooperation with All-Ukrainian Council of Churches and Religious Organizations
- Public Council of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of Ukraine on Matters of Cooperation with Religious Organizations
- Board of the State Committee of Ukraine on Nationalities and Religions
- Freedom of Conscience Expert Council of the State Committee of Ukraine on Nationalities and Religions
- National Expert Commission of Ukraine on Public Morals
- Preparation and organization of meetings in Ukraine on the interdenominational level with the aim of development of interdenominational dialogue, tolerant attitude and mutual understanding between representatives of different religious groups. Providing with constant consultation and organizational help to different interdenominational institutions.
- Preparation and dissemination of informational and analytical materials on the status of religious life in Ukraine, legislative initiatives in the area of freedom of conscience and activity of religious organizations, the status and perspective development of the state and confessional relationships.
- Providing Governmental authorities with consultation and analytical information in the field of the state and confessional relationships and freedom of conscience and religion as well as direct participation in the activity of different inter-departmental commissions, groups, public boards, expert councils under the Legislative and Executive authorities.
- Participation in the development, adaptation and discussion of the legislative bills and by-law acts in the field of freedom of conscience, religion and providing churches and religious organizations with the conditions for their socio-important activities.
- Cooperation in the organization of international and all-Ukrainian workshops and scientific conferences, round tables, seminars, etc. on the issues of status and development of religious freedom in Ukraine, state and confessional and interdenominational relationships and legislative support of socio beneficial activity of religious organizations as well as giving speeches by IRF experts at above mentioned events.
IRF's sources of financing
Voluntary donations of physical and legal entities, gaining the grants. For the fulfillment of its statute’s tasks, the IRF involves volunteers and experts on a voluntary and contractual basis and keeps constant relationships with them. Contacts us
The Institute for Religious Freedom, NGO
P.O.Box: Ukraine 01001, Kyiv-1, P.O.Box V-471